Summary: Delicious stew, perfect to warm your belly.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup vidalia onion, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 Knorr Chipolte bouillon cubes (or 1-2 well-minced canned chipotle peppers)
- 1 cup frozen white corn kernels
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 (32 ounce) carton vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup white rice
- Put a large pot over medium heat.
- Put in olive oil and saute your bay leaf, celery, onions, and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- Crumble up your chipotle cubes into the pot and add corn as well as 2 cans of undrained black beans.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and coriander. Stir this well.
- Add in tomato sauce, tomatoes and stock.
- Cover the pot and bring to high-heat and a boil.
- Now add rice and bring back to a boil again. Then lower heat, cover, and let simmer until the rice is tender.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Recipe adapted from: grouprecipes.com