Make more than you need, and store it in the refrigerator in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. The smoky heat of the chilis is addictive. Makes 2 sandwiches; can be doubled (or more).
Recipe: Chipotle Chicken Sandwhich
- 1 cup of Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 1 small chipotle pepper, plus a bit of extra adobo sauce
- 4 slices of crusty bread, toasted (optional)
- 2 leaves of romaine lettuce hearts
- 2-4 thick slices of roasted chicken breast
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- Measure the Miracle Whip into a small mixing bowl. Finely chop the chipotle, and add to the bowl. Stir to combine, and taste for spiciness. If you want more, add a bit of the adobo sauce from the can.
- Slather one side of each slice of bread with the Miracle Whip mixture. Pile on the lettuce, chicken breast, avocado and tomato, distributing equally between the two sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half to serve.