Recipe: Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
Summary: I’d recommend putting them in the fridge to harden and set up better. I popped mine in the freezer for like 10 minutes then set it out at room temperature and it wasn’t as set as I’d like it to be, as you can see from the pictures.
- Brownie layer:
- 1 brownie mix (the 9×13 size)
- Eggs, oil, and water called for on the back of the box
- Prepare brownies and bake as directed on the box. Let cool.
- Cherry-Chocolate layer:
- 2 sticks of butter, slightly softened
- 3 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 oz maraschino cherries + juice from jar
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine butter and 5 tablespoons juice from the maraschino cherries. Beat until the butter is smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Increase mixer speed to medium high and beat for about a minute and a half. Roughly chop cherries. Fold chocolate chips into the filling with the cherries. Spread over the top of cooled brownies.
- Chocolate layer:
- 2 and 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter
For instructions please visit: SteaknPotatoesKindaGurl.blogspot.com