Despite how they look, these muffins turn out quite chocolatey, particularly if you chop your Oreo’s coarsely, giving you great Oreo chunks. A great muffin with a lovely crust, caving in to soft fluffy innards. I do, however, implore you to eat this fresh from the oven, or at the very least, don’t leave it overnight. Don’t get me wrong, it still tastes good the next day at room temperature, but it’s really a matter of whether you’re looking for a good muffin, or a great one.
Recipe: Chocolate Chip Oreo Muffin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Oreo cookies, chopped coarsely
- Beat together the egg, milk and butter.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the Oreos.
- Fold in Oreos; batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into greased/lined muffin tins and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.