Summary: What is there not to like – luscious sweet strawberries, mushed and frozen on a stick and dunked in chocolate – oh my children of all ages will love these!
- 2-1/2 cups fresh whole strawberries (add sugar or sweetener if needed)
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups of magical chocolate shell
- 1 portion coconut oil (1 tablespoon)
- Blend the strawberries and water together to make 2 cups puréed strawberries. Pour into your popsicle mold. Allow to freeze for at least 4 hours. Dunk in the magical chocolate shell. Enjoy!
- Magical Chocolate Shell
- Simply dunk your popsicle or strawberry and voila – magically the chocolate adheres and forms a shell. You can also pour or drizzle over strawberry ice cream. Children of all ages enjoy this! There are a million different ratios and million different variations on this recipe (i.e. more coconut oil equals a slightly harder/chewier chocolate shell, milk, dark or white chocolate may be used)
- 1 heaping portion of chocolate chips (2
- You can use the stove top or the microwave to make these. To heat them on the stove, use a double boiler. Put the chips and oil into the top of the double boiler and simmer over medium until melted, stirring frequently and voilà…magical chocolate shells right before your eyes. Or, use the microwave by melting the chips and coconut oil in a bowl at 50% power, stirring every 15-30 seconds until they are completely melted. You can refrigerate leftovers and reheat gently.
NOTE: if you prefer, you can use Magic Shell® Ice Cream Topping.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Chill time: 4 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe adapted from: TwirlandTaste.com