Recipe: Chocolate Frozen Greek Yogurt
Summary: If you love chocolate and you love greek yogurt, you will love this. It’s got lots of chocolate flavor but retains the full tanginess of the yogurt.
- 2 c. plain greek yogurt (I highly recommend Fage brand)
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. sugar (you can add more or less to taste)
- real chocolate syrup (optional)
- In a small bowl, heat the milk to lukewarm in the microwave then whisk in the cocoa powder and sugar.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the greek yogurt on its own until it becomes fluffier.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the yogurt while whisking it until you achieve a consistent brown color in the yogurt.
- Set the bowl aside in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Remove the yogurt from the ice cream maker and put it into a freezer-safe container. Put in the freezer to harden further for another 2 hours.
- Scoop, top with chocolate syrup (optional), and enjoy!
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe courtesy of: LawfullyWeddedWife.com
Photo courtesy of: debutantesanddarlings.tumblr.com