Recipe: Chocolate Mousse Cake
Summary: This chocolate cake frosted with a rich and creamy chocolate mousse would make an excellent addition to your holiday table.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package Pillsbury® Chocolate Cake
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup whipping cream, stiffly whipped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare and bake cake mix as package directs for two 9-inch layers. Remove from pans; cool.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and chocolate until well blended. Gradually beat in water and pudding mix until smooth. Chill at least 30 minutes. Beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate; top with 1 1/2 cups mousse mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost side and top of cake with remaining mousse mixture. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: EagleBrand.com