Recipe: Chocolate Nutella Gelato
- 1 (13oz) jar of Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6oz pkg chopped hazelnuts
- Heat milk and cream in heavy sauce pot over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally. Slowly add entire jar of Nutella while stirring.
- With whisk, continue stirring over medium low heat until completely blended. Cool completely, best overnight, in refrigerator.
- Spread hazelnuts over a cookie sheet and place in a preheated 375°F oven for 5 minutes to toast lightly. Set nuts aside to cool.
- Prepare ice cream maker and add cooled Nutella mix to machine while on. After mixture becomes semi-frozen, about 10 to 15 minutes churning, add toasted nuts. Continue churning till frozen, then scoop into plastic freezer storage container and place in freezer to completely set and to store.