Recipe: Cioppino – Crockpot Seafood Soup
Summary: This recipe is famous in San Francisco and it is great served with sourdough bread to soak up the marvelous juices.
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes in juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 dozen scallops
- 1 dozen mussels
- 1 dozen prawns
- 1 dozen fresh or canned clams
- 1 cubed, de-boned fillet of cod or sea bass
- 1 chopped chili pepper (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 portions sourdough bread, to serve
- Put everything in the crockpot except the seafood and bread.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 or 7 hours.
- Add the seafood half an hour before serving and cook on high.
- Stir occasionally but gently so you do not break the fish up.
- Serve with the sourdough bread on the side.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Photo and recipe adapted from Best Crockpot Recipes