Recipe: Classic Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light agave syrup (nectar)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (60%–72% cacao), chopped
- Bring sugar, agave syrup, and 2 Tbsp. water to a boil in a small deep heavy saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Prop a candy thermometer in pan with bulb submerged in syrup. Boil without stirring until thermometer registers 265°, 8–10 minutes. Add cream, milk, and butter. Whisk until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate and whisk until melted and mixture is smooth.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Let cool completely; cover and chill. Reheat in microwave in 10-second intervals, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Ingredient Info: Agave syrup is sold at natural foods stores and some supermarkets.
Special Equipment: A candy thermometer
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2 cups
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Bon Appetit