Recipe: Classic Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Summary: Cold days call for warming comfort food and what better than stew? With its hearty veggies and deep flavor, beef stew is always sure to be a hit. ext from what2cook.net
- 2 pounds beef chuck 1/2 inch cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 carrots sliced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3-4 large potatoes 1/2 inch cubed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper & paprika. Stir into meat covering thoroughly. Add veggies.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to beef broth. Pour over veggies. Mix well
- Cover. Cook Low 10-12 hours or High 4-6 hours. Stir before serving.
Preparation time: 45 minute(s)
Cooking time: 7 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Myrecipes.com