Unlike expensive, tasteless protein bars…these bars are delicious, easy to make and they are also vegan, gluten-free, AND dairy free. Packing 11 grams of protein per bar, these treats will keep you going.
Recipe: Cocoa-Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- ¾ cup almond meal/flour
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 2 scoops (1/4 cup) rice protein powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup, agave syrup, or honey (Using honey will make these not vegan.)
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, combine almond meal, oat flour, protein powder, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix peanut butter, banana, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and olive oil. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Prepare a shallow baking pan by lining it with parchment paper, leaving some extra paper around the edges. Spread the batter evenly throughout the pan (this should result in bars about 1.5 cm thick). Bake for 25-30 minutes on the oven’s middle rack.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Grab the edges of the parchment paper and carefully lift the entire piece off the pan and onto a cutting surface. Cut into 12 bars.
- The bars can be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12