The resulting pie has the best qualities of a Bavarian cream pie and a traditional cream pie. Creamy… tremble-y…. fluffy…. Perfect.
Coconut Bavarian Cream Pie
The resulting pie has the best qualities of a Bavarian cream pie and a traditional cream pie. Creamy... tremble-y.... fluffy.... Perfect.
- 1 1/2 c. shredded, sweetened coconut (4 1/2 oz.)
- 5 oz. graham crackers (1 1/4 c. crumbs/10 full cracker sheets)
- 2 T. sugar
- 5 T. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. cold milk
- 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. sugar, divided
- 3 T. cornstarch (27 grams/1 oz.)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 small can (5.46 oz./2/3 c.) unsweetened coconut milk—not low-fat!
For full list of ingredients and instructions please visit: ForLoveoftheTable.com