Recipe: Coconut Cream Pie with Benefits
Summary: Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is classified as a “functional food” because it provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content.
- 1 pre-baked 9- or 10-inch pie shell
- 3 cups milk or unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons corn starch
- pinch salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut (4 cups), divided
- 1 cup heavy cream (or fat free Half and Half)
For recipe instructions visit Center Stage Wellness by clicking here!