Summary: It’s so soft in the center and crusted with crunchy coconut flakes on the top. I also used some cream of coconut in the eggs and in the cream cheese. This is the perfect coconut goodness to start your day!
- Preheat a saute pan on medium heat.
- Slice the French bread slices in the middle but not all the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and 1 tbs of cream of coconut until well combined.
- Place coconut flakes in another shallow, wide bowl.
- In a shallow, wide bowl, whisk eggs, 1 tbs of cream of coconut, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the bread slices.
- Dip the bread in egg mixture and then into coconut flakes. Press the flakes lightly.
- Cook the French toast on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side. (If the coconut is toasting too fast, you may need to lower the heat a little bit.)