Recipe: Coconut Pecan Chocolate Drops
- 6 ounces of bittersweet or semisweet coarsely chopped chocolate
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Melt chocolate. Add coconut flakes and pecans. Stir to combine, and set aside.
- In a large bowl whip egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar (brown sugar works just as well too) and whip till the peaks are stiff, but not dry. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Use a rounded teaspoon and drop batter on a paper (or silpat) lined cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. The finished cookies will have a crackled dry top surface.