Recipe: Copycat Oh Henry Bars
Summary: This is my Mother in law’s recipe for mock oh Henry Bars. It was a recipe that she submitted for our church’s fundraising cookbook.
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 30 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and shortening. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour 1/2 into a foil lined 8 inch square pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Combine caramels, water and butter. Place mixture on low heat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into chocolate lined pan.
- Spread evenly and top with remaining melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Cut into bite sized pieces.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 35
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Food.com