Recipe: Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 Tbl. brown sugar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbl. vegetable oil
- around 15 oz. Yakisoba noodles
- 2/3 c. celery, chopped diagonally
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 c. (heaping) cabbage, chopped
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and black pepper; set aside.
- Remove noodles from packages and discard the included flavoring packets. If using fresh noodles: Rinse noodles well, drain, and set aside. If using dried noodles: Prepare per package instructions (do not use seasoning packet.), drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet. Add celery and onion and saute for several minutes until onions become soft and transparent.
- Add cabbage and saute another few minutes until soft. Add noodles and soy sauce mixture and heat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until noodles are heated through.