Summary: The cooking method for these ribs is really fantastic and quite simple and created delicious succulent fall-off-the bone ribs.
- 2 kg Baby Back Ribs
- BBQ Sauce (see recipe bellow)
- Preheat oven to 260°C (500°F).
- Wash and dry ribs. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and rub to coat.
- Prepare a broiler pan by adding 1 inch of water to the bottom pan and placing the grate on top.
- Place the ribs on the grate, making sure they don’t overlap. Build a foil tent over the ribs. Make sure that the foil is not touching the ribs and that the tent is sealed so that the steam from the water cannot escape.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove the pan from the oven, but leave covered! Let completely cooled down with foil tent still in place – about 2-3 hours. Then, wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator overnight. This will help re-solidify them so that they don’t fall apart when you try to grill them.
- Next day:
- Preheat grill or broiler (I broiled).
- Place the racks of ribs on the grill grate. When they have reached a golden, bubbly stage, about 3-4 minutes, coat with bbq sauce and broil another 2-4 minutes, then turn and repeat the process. Remove from broiler and slather on some extra sauce.
Homemade Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
30 grams Palm Sugar (or light brown sugar), crushed
1 Cup Warm Water
120 grams Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Molasses
1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
Directions: Dissolve the palm sugar in the water. Add ketchup, molasses, and liquid smoke and mix over high heat. Reduce to medium-low and simmer for about 45 minutes.