Easy country breakfast the whole family will love!
Country Breakfast Casserole
A small bag of frozen seasoned hash brown potatoes can be used instead of potatoes, onion and sweet peppers. You can also use 6-8 eggs instead of egg substitute.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 8–oz. pkg. breakfast link sausage, chopped, browned and drained
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in medium skillet. Fry potatoes and one teaspoon salt in oil until golden. Add red and green peppers and onion; cook 5 minutes.
- Spoon into a greased 13?x9? casserole dish and top with sausage. Mix together egg substitute, milk, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Gooseberrypatch.com