Recipe: Cheesy Cowboy Breakfast Skillet
Summary: Very good for breakfast or dinner, I’m sure they’ll be lining up for seconds.
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes Butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green and/or red bell pepper
- 4 Land O Lakes All-Natural Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup refrigerated hash browns
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 (3/4-ounce) slice Land O Lakes Deli White American Cheese, cut into quarters
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet until sizzling; add onion and bell peppers. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add eggs. Cook, lifting and stirring slightly with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath, 2-3 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from skillet. Cover; keep warm. Melt remaining butter in same skillet until sizzling; add hash browns. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add ham; continue cooking until ham is heated through.
- Spoon scrambled eggs over hash browns in skillet; top with cheese. Cover; cook until cheese is just melted.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: LandoLakes.com