Recipe: Crab Cake Burger
- 1 pound(s) crabmeat
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs, (see Note)
- 1/4 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced chives
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 4 dash(es) hot sauce, such as Tabasco, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) unsalted butter
- Mix crab, egg, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, chives, mustard, lemon juice, celery seed, onion powder, pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl. Form into 6 patties.
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter stops foaming. Cook the patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- These burgers have a true crab flavor that isn’t masked by fillers or strong seasoning. Serve on a bun with tartar sauce or with a lemon-juice-dressed salad of greens, sprouts and sliced peaches. This recipe works best with convenient pasteurized crabmeat, usually found in the refrigerated case near the fish counter. If you prefer lump crabmeat, cut it into small, uniform pieces.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: eatingwell.com