Recipe: Crab Mango and Cashew Dip
Summary: This dip is so good, you may have to double the recipe. Serve on pita chips for a dinner-party appetizer or as an afternoon snack.
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped ripe mangoes, divided (about 3 large)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, flaked
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted cashew nuts
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sauté bell pepper in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Process sautéed bell pepper, 2 cups chopped mango, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Combine pureed mango mixture, green onions, remaining diced mango, and crab. Sprinkle with cashews and cayenne pepper.
Fresh lump crab is the gold standard, but can be quite pricey. Alternatives include refrigerated, pasteurized cans or shelf-stable cans and pouches; these versions have smaller pieces, so if using, finely chop the peppers and mangoes so they don’t overpower the crab.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Coastalliving.com