Summary: This craveable creamsicle cheesecake will take you back to your childhood when you visited the ice cream truck on hot summer days.
Recipe: Cravable Creamsicle Cheesecake
- 2 pkgs Cream cheese, softened (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Orange extract
- 2 dshs Yellow food color
- 1 dsh Red food color
- One 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs; beat well. Add the sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Place 1 cup of the mixture in a small bowl and stir in the orange extract and the yellow and red food colors. Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture into the pie crust.
- Drop the orange cream cheese mixture into it by spoonfuls and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm around the edges. (The center will be slightly loose.)
- Allow to cool for 1 hour then cover and chill for at least 8 hours before serving.
- NOTE: For a nice finishing touch, top each slice of cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping and half an orange slice just before serving.