Recipe: Crawfish and Corn Chowder
- 4 T butter
- 4 cups seafood or chicken stock
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 T Crystal Hot Sauce
- 4 T flour
- 1 lb. Cooked crawfish tail meat
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Saute onions and celery in butter over medium heat until translucent or soft. Whisk in garlic and flour, stirring until well blended.
- Add corn and stock and stir until soup comes to a soft boil and thickens. Add green onions, parsley and Crystal Hot Sauce. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add crawfish and cream. Simmer 5 minutes more. Salt and pepper to taste. (Note: Half-and-half or no-fat half-and-half can be substituted for heavy cream. Crabmeat or shrimp can be substituted for crawfish.) Serves 8.
Recipe courtesy of: Crystal Hot Sauce
Photo courtesy of: Riverefoods.com