Summary: Sometimes you just want something different.. Red Potatoes are lower in starch than Yukon Golds or Russets, baby red potatoes hold their shape when tossed.
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise of your choice
- 3 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- Bring potatoes to boil in large pot of water. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 17 minutes. Drain; let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch pieces. Place 1 layer of potatoes in large bowl; sprinkle with some of vinegar and salt and pepper. Continue layering potatoes with vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add all remaining ingredients; toss. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made the day before. Cover and chill.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Bonappetit