Recipe: Crescent Potato Puffs
Summary: The ultimate accompaniment to any comfort-food meal, these tasty rolls are wrapped around cheesy mashed potatoes and chives.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavor instant bouillon
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups plain mashed potato mix (dry)
- 1can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large microwavable bowl, beat eggs. Reserve about 2 tablespoons beaten egg; set aside.
- Add carrot, bouillon, chives, salt, water and milk to eggs in bowl; mix well. Microwave uncovered on High about 2 1/2 minutes or just until hot. Add potato flakes; mix well.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles. Overlap long sides to form large rectangle. Firmly press perforations and edges to seal. Press to form 14×10-inch rectangle. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough. Press to form 14×10-inch rectangle.
- Spread potato mixture over dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Starting with long side, roll up dough; seal long edge. Cut crosswise into 8 slices. Place cut side down in pan; press each to flatten slightly. Brush each with reserved beaten egg.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
To make ahead, prepare recipe to end of step 4. Cover; refrigerate up to 2 hours before baking. Uncover before baking.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Pillsbury.com