Apart from being ridiculously cheap and oh-so-pretty, brussels sprouts are very healthy too. If you like to eat them, you’re one lucky person. Eating this recipe for Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic will make you even luckier!
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic
Apart from being ridiculously cheap and oh-so-pretty, brussels sprouts are very healthy too. If you like to eat them, you’re one lucky person.
- 10 small brussel sprouts
- 2 bacon rashers, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rock salt, sea salt or "Kosher" salt
- Salt and pepper
- Peel off any bad leaves from the brussel sprouts
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add rock salt.
- Blanch brussel sprouts for 4 minutes then drain and refresh in cold running water.
- Cut sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Heat olive oil on high. Add bacon and cook 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts and fry until they start to brown around the edges and the bacon crisps.
- Add garlic slices and fry 1 minute until softened.
- Drain brussels sprouts to remove excess oil. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: MorselsandMusings.blogspot.com