Summary: Curry powder and chickpeas turn this slow-cooker chicken stew into a hearty Middle Eastern-style dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Combine chicken, olive oil, curry powder and salt in slow cooker and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle onions and garlic on top of chicken. Pour tomatoes on top. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- During last hour of cooking, stir in chickpeas. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 to 8 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of My Recipes