Recipe: Delicious Deviled Eggs
Summary: From holiday parties to warm weather barbeques and potluck suppers, these classic deviled eggs will spice up any occasion.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mustard, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Pickle Relish (optional)
- Chives or chopped green onion (optional)
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; place in small bowl. Mash yolks with fork or potato masher.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, seasoned salt, cumin, chili powder and ground red pepper until smooth and creamy. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle lightly with additional chili powder and garnish with chives or chopped green onion, if desired.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
To hard cook eggs: Gently place eggs in single layer in medium saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover eggs with 1 inch of water. Bring just to boil on medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 15 minutes for large eggs. (Adjust time up or down by 3 minutes for each size larger or smaller.) After 15 minutes, pour off the hot water and rapidly cool eggs by running them under cold water (or place in ice water) until completely cooled. Refrigerate and use within a week
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 3 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Oodle Kadoodle Primatives