Recipe: Dog in a Dog
Summary: Let the kids help with this fun recipe. It would make a perfect after school snack.
- Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- hot dogs
- sliced cheese
- black beans
- Combine two rolls and flatten into a 7 x 5-inch rectangle. Place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Place a hot dog on the dough and roll the dough around the hot dog leaving excess dough on one end to make the head. Pinch a small tail on the other end of the dog. Pinch the dough together behind the head to form the neck.
- Cut another roll into three pieces. The first piece is slightly larger than ½ of the roll. The other two pieces are half of what is left. Roll the larger piece into a 6-inch rope that is very thin in the center. Lay the rope over the pinched neck and flatten the ends to make the ears. Roll the other two pieces into 4-inch ropes that are thin in the center but have small balls on the ends. Place these under the dog to make the feet.
- Repeat steps to make as many dogs as desired. Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Use cheese, black beans and olives for eyes and nose.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Photo and Recipe adapted from Rhode’s Bread