Recipe: Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie
Summary: Lose the centerpiece to your table. This Double-Crust Chicken Pot Pie is enough dazzle guests.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leeks, and sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients.
- Roll each pastry sheet into a 12- x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Fit 1 sheet into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; spoon chicken mixture into pastry. Place remaining pastry sheet over filling in opposite direction of bottom sheet; fold edges under, and press with tines of a fork, sealing to bottom crust. Whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp. water, and brush over top of pie.
- Bake at 375° on lower oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of MyRecipes