Recipe: Easter Bunny Bread
Summary: Enjoy these delicious Bunny Breads on your Easter breakfast table.
- 1 can ready-to-bake french bread
- 6 cup muffin tin
- pretzel sticks
- 1 egg
- flour, sugar, butter
- dried blueberries, cranberries
- muffin liners
- Melt butter in a small bowl in microwave. Grease muffin cups with butter and coat with flour.
- Open bread can and cut into eight pieces. Roll six pieces in to a ball and place one ball in each muffin cup.
- Cut the remaining pieces into three pieces until you have 6 rolls. For the bunny ears cut each roll in half.
- Place a pretzel stick on top of each piece (see pic.) Fold dough over pretzel stick.. Push ears in to the ball in the muffin tin.
- Let dough stand for 15 minutes. Beat egg with a fork and add one spoon of sugar. With a baking brush, brush the egg/sugar mixture on the bunnies.
- Pre-head oven to 325. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- With a pointy knife make holes for the eyes and nose. Add dried blueberries for the eyes and a dried cranberry for the nose.
- Remove bunny breads from muffin tin and place in muffin liner.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Twiggle Magazine