Baked chicken parmesan is an a dish that can be made any night of the week. Crispy chicken cutlets are topped with marinara sauce and cheese. To ensure a crispy crust on both sides of the chicken, place the baking dish in the oven when preheating. When the chicken is breaded and ready to go, place the pieces in the hot pan. I would serve this dish with crispy garlic bread and a simple green salad.
Recipe: Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.
- In 13 X 9 inch baking dish, arrange chicken. bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken, then top with cheese. Bake 10 more minutes or until chicken reaches 170 degrees and is no longer pink.