Recipe: Easy Baked Mac & Cheese
- 1 – 8 ounce package of macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup soft buttered crumbs*
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Boil macaroni in salted water until almost soft (al dente). Drain well.
- Grease a large shallow casserole and place a layer of macaroni on the bottom, sprinkle with cheese, butter, flour and seasonings. Continue to layer until all ingredients are used evenly in the layers, around 3 layers of each.
- Pour milk over all. Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
To make buttered crumbs:
Combine 2/3 cup of bread crumbs with 2 tablespoons of softened butter and mix.
Number of servings (yield): 8