Easy Fruit and Herb Flavored Water
- fruit — 2 cups berries, citrus, melons, pineapple…most fruits will work (see recommended amounts in directions)
- herbs — a sprig of mint, basil, sage, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, or lavender
- water (tap or filtered)
- 2 quart pitcher or jar with lid
- muddler or wooden spoon
General formula for whatever fruit/herb combination you desire.
- If using herbs, add fresh herbs to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon to bruise the leaves and release flavor; don’t grind the herbs into bits.
- Add approx. 2 cups of fruit to jar/pitcher; press and twist with muddler or handle of wooden spoon, just enough to release some of the juices
- Fill jar/pitcher with ice cubes.
- Top off jar/pitcher with water.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Suggested flavor combinations:
- ALL CITRUS (no herbs) — Slice 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Add to jar and proceed with muddling, add ice & water.
- RASPBERRY LIME (no herbs) — Quarter 2 limes; with your hands, squeeze the juice into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters. Add 2 cups raspberries. Muddle, add ice & water.
- PINEAPPLE MINT — Add a sprig of mint to the jar (you can throw in the whole sprig; or, remove the leaves from the sprig, if you prefer to have the mint swimming around and distributing in the jar). Muddle the mint. Add 2 cups pineapple pieces, muddle, add ice & water.
- BLACKBERRY SAGE — Add sage sprig to jar and muddle. Add 2 cups blackberries; muddle, add ice & water.
- WATERMELON ROSEMARY — Add rosemary sprig to jar & muddle. Add 2 cups watermelon cubes; muddle, add ice and water.