Recipe: Easy Italian Chicken Pie
Summary: Stuffed with your favorite Italian ingredients. It’s an amazing combination that’s also easy, especially if you’re using up leftover chicken!
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 package (4 ounces) shredded Italian-style cheese blend, pizza cheese blend or mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- Crust Topping
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix (or light Bisquick)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray or grease with shortening.
- Stir chicken, bell pepper and pizza sauce in pie plate; arrange evenly. Sprinkle with cheese. Stir remaining Crust ingredients in small bowl with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with cheese blend 10 minutes before removing from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Cooked turkey, pork or beef can be substituted for the chicken. To measure Bisquick mix, spoon without sifting into a dry-ingredient measuring cup and level with a straight-edged utensil. Do not pack or tap Bisquick mix into the cup.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 5
Recipe adapted from: BettyCrocker