Recipe: Easy Slow Cooker Taco Pasta
Summary: A combination of two family favorites—tacos and pasta—made easy in the slow cooker.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup beef broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 oz) Old El Paso chile and roasted garlic Mexican cooking sauce
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, soften, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Toppings, if desired Sour cream
- Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- Shredded cheese
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place cooked beef and remaining Taco Pasta ingredients except pasta shells and Cheddar cheese; stir until well combined.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Uncover slow cooker; stir in pasta and shredded Cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Cook uncovered on High heat setting 10 to 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with sour cream, salsa and/or shredded cheese.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: BettyCrocker.com