Recipe: Edamame Hummus
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 (6-inch) pitas, cut into 8 wedges
- Combine soybeans and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine soybeans, oil, juice, salt, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a food processor; process until smooth. Add parsley, and process until blended. Serve with pita wedges.
Recipe and Photo credit: massconsumption / opensourcefood.com / CC BY-SA