Recipe: Egg in a Nest
Summary: Kids love this Egg in a Nest and it’s so quick and easy, they’ll request it again and again!
- 4 slice(s) (1-inch thick) brioche or your favorite
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 jumbo eggs
- Set the broiler to low. Punch out a 2 1/2-inch hole from the center of each bread slice. Stir the melted butter, salt, and pepper together and brush the mixture on both sides of the bread slices and cutouts, including the inside of the hole.
- Toast the slices and cutouts of bread on a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until golden. Flip the bread and crack an egg into each hole.
- Cover and cook until egg sets — 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Place the skillet under broiler just until the white is fully cooked. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from: delish.com
Photo courtesy of : Antonis Achilleos