Summary: Creamy and filling as any good cheesecake should be, with the distinctive custard-y nutmeg flavor that eggnog is known for. The caramel-rum sauce is rich and thick and is just perfect as a topping drizzled over each slice.
Eggnog Cheesecake with Caramel Rum Sauce
- 1 c. ground gingersnaps
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 3 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. rum extract
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In a medium bowl combine ground gingersnaps and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and eggnog; process until smooth. Blend in eggs, rum extract, and nutmeg. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 F and bake for 45 minutes, or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and immediately loosen cake from rim. Let cake cool completely before removing the rim.
For the sauce:
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water. In a medium saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp. butter. Stir in brown sugar and the cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and add 1 tsp. rum extract. Allow to cool.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Castsugar