Summary: My green salad topped with grilled asparagus and hard boiled eggs is nutritious in its own right. But sprinkled with sunflower seeds maximizes its flavor, texture and nutritional profile.
- for the salad
- 2 cups mesclun lettuce
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 hard cooked eggs, halved
- 2 Tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ground pepper, to taste
- for the dressing
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pear infused white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
for grilled asparagus Preheat grill.
- Lightly coat asparagus spears with canola oil. (A mister works especially good for this.) Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Grill asparagus for approximately 5 minutes. During grilling, roll spears 1/4 turn every minute to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
for salad dressing
- Add ingredients for dressing together in a small bowl or measuring cup. Set aside.
- for salad
- In a large bowl add mesclun. Stir salad dressing to combine and pour over greens. Toss well. Top greens with grilled asparagus and hard cooked eggs. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and freshly ground pepper.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 7 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4