Recipe: Fiesta Dip
Summary: Tortilla chips make bite-size appetizers for an easy, warm-from-the-oven treat. Stir together mayo, onion, two cheeses and salsa for the filling.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped Vidalia onion, Walla Walla onion or other sweet onion
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (3 oz.)
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (1-1/2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons liquid fajita marinade or Worcestershire sauce
- Baked Tortilla Chips (recipe below) or tortilla chips
- Lime wedges
- 3 21 – ounce packages phyllo shells (optional)
- In bowl, combine mayonnaise, onions, cheeses, Monterey Jack cheese, salsa and fajita marinade; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 9-inch pie plate or 1-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Serve warm with Baked Tortilla Chips. Garnish with lime wedges.
- To serve with tortilla wedges: Cut five 6-inch flour tortillas into wedges. Place in single layers on ungreased baking sheets. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- To create phyllo cups as pictured: Bake mixture for 10 minutes in a 1-quart casserole. Then spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into each phyllo shell. Bake for 5 more minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 10
Photo and Recipe adapted from Midwest Living