Recipe: Fifty Shades of Sex in a Pan
Summary: There is no need for explanation of this dessert; the name says it all.
- Layer 1: Pecan Crust*
- 1 cup semi-finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup flour
- Layer 2: Cream Cheese/Whipped Topping Mixture
- 8 oz package of cream cheese (regular or light is fine)
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Layer 3: Chocolate Pudding
- 5.1 oz package of chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Layer 4: Vanilla Pudding
- 5.1 oz package of vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Last layer
- 2 cups whipped cream or cool whip
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Get out your 9×13 pan and grease the bottom.
- Start with Layer 1 ingredients. Throw them all into your mixing bowl, and mix them until well combined.
- Now press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Clean out your mixing bowl and throw Layer 2 ingredients in. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Get out 2 medium sized bowls for layers 3 and 4. Follow the directions on the back of your pudding box, which most likely says add 3 cups of cold water and stir. Let the puddings set for at least five minutes. Might as well chop up your chocolate chips while you are waiting.
- By this time, your crust should be done. Once it is cool, you get to start the fun part-layering! Add layer 2 onto the crust, and then layer 3, then four, then some whipped cream and lastly, sprinkle the chocolate on top.
- Serves 8-12, depending on how big you want em!
- And now, you have an irresistible dessert. Enjoyment is inevitable.
*If you don’t like nuts, just roll out a crescent roll in the bottom of the pan for Layer 1 or graham crackers would work for the crust. Not a chocolate fan, use your favorite flavor. Easily made into cupcakes as well.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Teaspoonsf.com