Recipe: Fool Proof Standing Rib Roast
Summary: This recipe is nothing more than good meat done right. Perfectly medium-rare, nice and pink at the center, the roast slices up so pretty. One of the family’s favorites for the holidays!
- 1 (5-pound) standing rib roast
- 1 tablespoon Paula Deen’s House Seasoning or (good sprinkle of salt, pepper, garlic powder and a dash of onion powder.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour. Rub roast all over with the House Seasoning. Place roast on a rack in a pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up. Roast for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Leave roast in the oven but do not open oven door for another 3 hours. About 30-45 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F to reheat the roast.
- Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from the time roast is put in until ready to serve.
HOUSE SEASONING 1 cup salt 1/4 cup black pepper 1/4 cup garlic powder Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Optional: Add onion powder to your liking.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Paula Deen