Recipe: Football Party Dip
Summary: This edible football field matches the one on the TV screen! To make this appealing appetizer, use guacamole as the playing field with salsa and nacho cheese for the end zones. Pipe on sour cream to mark the yard lines and add some cherry tomato “players,” then make it the star player on your snack table with tortilla chips for dipping. Serve with Football Frenzy tableware and watch the fans go wild!
- 2 ripe avocados (double or triple for a big crowd)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small tomato
- 3 scallions
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Kicked up Cheese Dip:
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage or Turkey Sausage frozen
- 12 oz. jar salsa (hot)
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
- green chiles
- want extra kick add a small can jalapenos
Copycat Chilis Salsa:
- 1 1/2 lbs or 800 grams canned Whole Roma Tomatoes, juice drained*
- 1/2 small Red Onion, halved
- 1/2 small White Onion, halved
- 1 green Chili of choice, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped (including stems)
- 1/4 of a Green Bell Pepper, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- juice of 2 Limes
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper (rough grind)
- Garnish with sour cream and cherry tomatoes
- Don’t forget your favorite chips for dipping
- Peel avocados and remove the pit
- Smash with a spoon in a large bowl
- Add onion, garlic, tomato, scallions, lime juice, salt and pepper
- Stir well
- Cover and refrigerate for around 20 minutes.
- Fully cook the sausage according to package directions. Drain the fat from the pan, then add the cheese and salsa. Cover and simmer all ingredients together, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts. Stir in the green chiles, if using.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until all pieces are very small. Serve with tortilla chips.
Number of servings (yield): 12
To draw the lines, put sour cream in a baggie and snip a tiny corner off and use to pipe the lines.
Photo courtesy of: PartyCity.com