Recipe: French Chocolate Cheesecake
Summary: If you like cheesecake and chocolate, you’ll want to try this 1st Prize winning recipe from Marcia Gerdes of Klamath Falls, OR. NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels combine with cream cheese for a chocolaty, rich filling atop a nutty walnut crust. Served with caramel sauce this delicious French Chocolate Cheesecake is sure to please all the chocolate lovers in your family!
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups (18 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- PLACE nuts, brown sugar, flour and butter in food processor container; cover. Process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press onto bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- BAKE for 5 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- HEAT cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool for 15 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add chocolate mixture; beat on low speed until just combined. Add eggs; stir until just combined. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on baking sheet.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool for 30 minutes. Remove side of springform pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
FOR CARAMEL SAUCE:
- MELT butter in small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- SERVE cheesecake with warm Caramel Sauce and whipped cream.
Preparation time: 45 minute(s)
Cooking time: 55 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 16
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: VeryBestBaking.com