Summary: Serve this French toast recipe made with Italian bread topped with strawberry butter — a perfect way to say “I love you.”
- Strawberry Butter
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- a couple fresh strawberries for garnish (sliced)
- French Toast
- 8 (3/4-inch) slices Italian bread
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes Half & Half
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes Butter
- Powdered sugar
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar and preserves in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Cut bread slices with a 2 1/2- to 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Combine half & half, eggs and vanilla in 9-inch pie plate; mix well. Dip 4 bread shapes into half & half mixture, turning to coat both sides; let stand 1-2 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet or griddle until sizzling; add coated bread. Cook over medium heat, turning once, 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Carefully clean skillet with paper towel, if necessary.
- Repeat dipping remaining bread shapes into egg mixture. Melt remaining butter in skillet and cook bread as directed.
- To serve, lightly sprinkle hot French toast with powdered sugar; serve with Strawberry Butter.
Spread any remaining Strawberry Butter on bagels or English muffins. – If you do not have a heart-shaped cookie cutter, use a heart-shaped template and sharp knife to cut heart shapes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: LandoLakes.com