Summary: My southern friends know this little beaut from their moms, aunts and grandmas, from Baptist church lady potlucks, from friends’ house dinners.
1 large bag of FRITOS® Original Corn Chips
1 15-ounce can of chili with beef (with or without beans), heated
1 8-ounce bag of shredded cheese
Optional: chopped onion, tomatoes, lettuce, jalapeños and/or sour cream
- In an oven-safe serving dish, pour in FRITOS® Original Corn Chips and spread evenly.
- Heat chili and pour evenly over corn chips.
- Add additional ingredients like onion, tomato, lettuce, and jalapeño as desired.
- Sprinkle cheese all over and pop into the oven at 350 degrees till the cheese is a little melted.
- Serve immediately.Other variations:
There are many variations of the FRITOS CHILI PIE®. For instance, the Walking Taco uses the same ingredients as the FRITOS CHILI PIE®. However, as a fun and easy snack (usually served at fairs or sports events), the ingredients are mixed together in a small bag of FRITOS® Original Corn Chips instead of a dish. Don’t forget the spoon!
Recipe courtesy of: FritoLay.com
Photo courtesy of: wikipedia