Recipe: Frozen Hot Chocolate
Summary: Ok, who’s got left over hot chocolate in your cabinet, here’s a good recipe to use it in the heat of the summer and get your chocolate fix!!
- 3 ounces best-quality chocolate (or a variety of your favorites)
- 2 teaspoons store bought hot chocolate mix (recommended: Serendipity Frozen Hot Chocolate Mix)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a small heavy saucepan or in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until blended.
- Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, place the remaining 1 cup of milk, the chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a giant goblet and top with whipped cram and chocolate shavings.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
1 gigantic soda pop shop serving, enjoy!
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Foodnetwork.com